Important tools and techniques covered this chapter:
- Using the pacman package as well as base R to install and load packages
- Downloading this book’s GitHub repo to your local sytem with usethis::use_course()
- Using functions such as str(), head(), tail(), summary(), Hmisc::describe(), psych::describe(), and skimr::skim() to explore a data set
- Getting a basic idea of the dplyr package’s power and intuitive syntax for wrangling a data frame, including filter(), select(), and arrange()
- Seeing how base R’s bracket notation accomplishes some of those same tasks
Next up: We’ll get started with data visualization in R.